Sunday, April 30, 2017

April Fools

Our program has finally come to an end but I still don't know where the time went. This month was full of bittersweet moments with friends and peers. Last but not least, my service to the lovely community of New Orleans has come to an end as well as my academic year. This past month I continued my work with the red cross and tutoring high school students. I was tutoring students in algebra every week. With the red cross I was working on clerical work because they were swamped with paperwork that needed to be filed. Saying good-bye to the students I have gotten to know throughout this year was really hard. They have shown plenty of improvement over the course of this year and that is the icing on the cake for me. I have grown as a teacher and learned to tweak my strategies for tutoring. I hope to continue this work as a medical student in Vallejo. I would like to end my post saying that this program has been one of the best decisions I have made. I have learned so much inside and outside of the classroom. I couldn't be happier to be apart of something as special as this program and people I was lucky enough to call my friends. 

April hours: 8
Spring Semester Hours: 30
2016-2017 Academic year total community service hours: 60

No comments:

Post a Comment