Sunday, October 30, 2016

Shocktober Is Over

The month of October has passed by in the blink of an eye. The more time I spend in New Orleans the more attached I become. The city's passion is just infectious and drives me to explore more of the city. I have never seen so many people from so many different age groups be so invested in their Halloween costumes. I had the pleasure of being scared beyond belief in a couple of the city's famous haunted houses. We have recently finished the Autonomic Nervous System, Cardiovascular, and Renal blocks this month. These past couple of blocks were the most interesting to learn about so far. This past month I have continued my work with Kipp. I assisted in photocopying the different books for the elementary school. I decided to change up my weekly tasks and learned how to put bindings into the photocopied textbooks. In addition, the school has received quite a few shipments of books, which my peers and I organized in one of the storage rooms. In respect to my work with Sci High, the students had a fall break, which was a break I was never offered when I was a younger. So due to scheduling conflicts I wasn't able to volunteer as much as I wanted to this month. When I was able to go, I continued to help out with the third period class. I walked around assisting the students with their classwork, passing out work, collecting work, and any other task Mrs. Childress needed help with. All in all, I still can't believe my time in New Orleans is flying by so quickly but it has been a total blast.

Monthly Hours: 8 hours

Total: 23 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment